About Us A Brief History of Makassed Islamic High School
Our School, Al Makassed Islamic High School, was first founded in 1921 as the Charity School then as Al-Makassed College for Boys in 1935. Later on, it was known as Makassed Islamic High School for boys in 1962, and finally as the Makassed Islamic High School in 2015.
The School is famous by its heritage construction and by its location overlooking the sea, which is adjacent to the Great Omari Mosque, it is also adjacent to the area which leads to Old Saida Town from the eastern side.
MIHS is a private educational institution that works to prepare an educated generation that reflects the bright and reputable image of Arab national education that adheres to the principles of sophisticated Islamic civilization. In addition, it empowers all learners to become skillful thinkers and creators by providing distinguished and reputable education and caring for students’ talents and putting them on the first long path as life-long learners.
. It also seeks to develop the learner’s personality in a comprehensive and balanced manner in all its dimensions, provide him/her with the patterns of cognitive and critical thinking, to develop his/her ability to analyze, to criticize, to express freely, and to cooperate with the community members in the inclusive environment. And also, we strive to provide our graduates with an academic foundation that will enable them to gain admission to the colleges or universities of their choice as well as to succeed in those institutions.
It also works to nurture and raise the learner on good citizenship, to accept the other, to accept differences, to adopt the communication skills and the openness to other cultures within and beyond our school community.